RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just purchased my first 02 RC51. My two previous bikes were a 02 R6 and a 10 CBR 1000. Why I got rid off the CBR still puts a strain on my brain. Well I'm pretty much happy with the RC. I gotta a good deal on it even at 41k miles. My goal with the bike is to ride and enjoy. I'm not looking to make it faster or a track bike I just wanna enjoy it. With that said it does need some TLC. I need to check the valves. I also have a strange oil leak which is coming from the counter shaft seal and it's throwing oil all over the both sides of my rear tire but other than that it seems like it's doing okay so we'll just start from here and go for it!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the club

I just purchased an '04. I am with you, I want to ride and enjoy the bike. I only ride for pleasure in the twisties in the foot hills and mountains. I also need to check the valves, flush the brake and clutch fluids, adjust the chain. The previous owner just changed the sprockets and the chain seems way to tight.

I believe a counter shaft seal will be a bear to fix since I think you have to split the engine cases to change it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike is fun for sure. Can't wait to start tinkering and learning how to do pretty much all the maintenance myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts