RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Ita from Melbourne Australia..

I just purchased a 01 SP1 race bike to use for track days. The bike is very clean, tidy and appears well set up...

I have no experience with the RC51 at all so I will be on a very steep learning curve and hopefully that's where you guys will come to my assistance and answer lots of my stupid questions...

Cheers...

Ita

·
Registered
106 Posts
G'day mate! I'm Jayce, 'up here' in FREEZING cold Canberra! Welcome aboard!! Phillip Island, Winton or Calder Park rider? My money is on P.I. at a minimum!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
G'day mate...Max from Singapore, welcome u to our peaceful site..any details of accessories of the bike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gedday guys and thanks for the welcome....

Max the bike has the following mods..

Power Commander 2
50mm Stainless full system with high mount carbon silencers
Carbon high volume airbox with carbon ram air intake
Stock forks with Ohlins internals
Ohlins rear shock
Sato bars
Over rearsets
New paint / Graphics
Polished Frame
Steering dampner

It also came with a new Barnett race clutch and spare wheels with discs.
The bike looks and sounds great. I haven't ridden it yet though. I think I'll like it as I have just sold my Monster (996sps spec) and am a fan of the big twin power delivery.

I hope to get it to the dyno next week and if all checks out will book a track day asap.

Ita

·
Registered
422 Posts
Holy $$$$...worth the money...How much u bought for it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
yup...wz all the goodies parts comes together...its worth....is it the basic race bike or the fully race bike?So which track u heading wz yr new toyS?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the site. Wish i was down there with you blokes. Love to ride in Australia. WOuld love to see pics of your bike should post some.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup...wz all the goodies parts comes together...its worth....is it the basic race bike or the fully race bike?So which track u heading wz yr new toyS?
Max, the motor is stock apart from an undercut gearbox and the cam silencing gears removed.

I'm the third owner in Australia. It was imported from Japan as a race bike. It's history in Japan is unknown. The guy I bought it from has raced it in the South Australian Pro Twins series for the past 2 years with some success.

I however am to old and fat to race (retired from that in my 30's) and have sold my road bike. This bike will now do track day duties for me several times a year at my local tracks, Phillip Island, Broadford and Winton.

Ita

·
Registered
422 Posts
POwer & nice ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts