RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that you can still buy the Yoshimura RS3C in the stainless version that has the carbon fiber end cap, but I don't see the all carbon one for sale anywhere. Does anyone know of any for sale? I'm looking at getting a different exhaust, and that one is my favorite as far as low-mount exhaust.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would love a set if those too. Does anyone know if you could just buy the carbon fiber caps and if so, what it would take to mount them on some yoshi cans?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess it's time to wake up and stop dreaming; Yoshimura says they never produced the RS3C in all Carbon Fiber! I swear I saw a picture of an RC on this site that had them. :confused:

I guess that would explain why I can't find them anywhere. Yoshimura offered to custom make a set for me for an additional $135 above the price of the stainless steel version. That's pretty cool if you ask me. Not only are they still producing pipes for the RC, they're willing to custom make a set.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Who ever you talked to is full of it. They are listed on there parts page. 18" $450. If you already have yosh cans. Best thing to do is buy end cap from yosh. And get sleeves off ebay

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who ever you talked to is full of it. They are listed on there parts page. 18" $450. If you already have yosh cans. Best thing to do is buy end cap from yosh. And get sleeves off ebay
I see what you mean, they list the RS-3C (which probably fits multiple bikes) on their replacement parts page. Funny thing is though, the carbon and titanium only come in 18" and the stainless steel only comes in 20". I don't see why the 18' wouldn't work on the RC though.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
...I swear I saw a picture of an RC on this site that had them...

Ponch 7M4 - I wonder if you saw pictures of the carbon canister/carbon endcap Yoshi TRC slip ons from my '06 (?); search for the "got one" thread under my username and you'll see pics/video of the bike in that thread.

At first glance, I thought the bike came with RS cans, but after a little research on Yoshi's RS and TRC systems, I knew the difference.

Now, for others and those who are wondering about the diffrence between the two model "names," the shape of the canisters is different between the TRC and the RS systems. The following webpage on Yoshi's website, with muffler "model" name and pics should help explain Yoshimura's nomenclature:

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-replacement_muffler_road.aspx?imsec=road

Hope that helps - if it wasn't pics of my bike that you saw, please disregard.

:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ponch 7M4 - I wonder if you saw pictures of the carbon canister/carbon endcap Yoshi TRC slip ons from my '06 (?); search for the "got one" thread under my username and you'll see pics/video of the bike in that thread.

At first glance, I thought the bike came with RS cans, but after a little research on Yoshi's RS and TRC systems, I knew the difference.

Now, for others and those who are wondering about the diffrence between the two model "names," the shape of the canisters is different between the TRC and the RS systems. The following webpage on Yoshi's website, with muffler "model" name and pics should help explain Yoshimura's nomenclature:

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-replacement_muffler_road.aspx?imsec=road
Hope that helps - if it wasn't pics of my bike that you saw, please disregard.

:)

Yes! those are the pictures I remember seeing. I was looking all over for that post. :D Thanks for replying to mine. So, Yosh produced the TRC's for the RC51 at some point... or did the previous owner buy those for a different model and fit them to the RC?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yes! those are the pictures I remember seeing. I was looking all over for that post. :D Thanks for replying to mine. So, Yosh produced the TRC's for the RC51 at some point... or did the previous owner buy those for a different model and fit them to the RC?

No prob, you're welcome.

I'm not 100% sure if Yoshi manufactured a dedicated TRC exhaust system for RC51s (I haven't been able to find any vendors listing a TRC "carbon/carbon" on their product description pages/listings).

I'm thinking if Yoshi did manufacture such a system, they are now discontinued. FWIW, the previous owner of my bike said he had everything done (the exhaust and fender eliminator/undertail installed) at the dealership.

If I find out any other details or hunt down a part number on my exhaust, I'll let you know though (curious about its history).

·
Registered
87 Posts
No prob, you're welcome.

I'm not 100% sure if Yoshi manufactured a dedicated TRC exhaust system for RC51s (I haven't been able to find any vendors listing a TRC "carbon/carbon" on their product description pages/listings).

I'm thinking if Yoshi did manufacture such a system, they are now discontinued. FWIW, the previous owner of my bike said he had everything done (the exhaust and fender eliminator/undertail installed) at the dealership.

If I find out any other details or hunt down a part number on my exhaust, I'll let you know though (curious about its history).
I was under the impression you couldn't just use whatever cans you liked best when it came to exhaust. I thought they were designed bike specific. I hope I'm wrong, and I guess with enough money anything is possible

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was under the impression you couldn't just use whatever cans you liked best when it came to exhaust. I thought they were designed bike specific. I hope I'm wrong, and I guess with enough money anything is possible
I think the mid-pipes are what really matters. I imagine all the cans in the Yoshimura family pretty much have the same diameter connectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New yosh RS3C

Thanks for all the info. I just bought the RS3C stainless slip on system. Good to know I can replace the mufflers or just the sleeves with carbon. Any suggestions on fuel injection tuning?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi guys , I have 2001 RC and wanted the yosh slip on's for my bike ! The question is do i only need a 2002 header to install the slip on's ? Thank you for your time ;)

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Hi guys , I have 2001 RC and wanted the yosh slip on's for my bike ! The question is do i only need a 2002 header to install the slip on's ? Thank you for your time ;)
Its been discussed here already I just can't seem to find the thread...:confused:, someone may chime in or link the post.

Do they not make one for the SP1 anymore?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question. D&D makes slip ons for the SP1, but not the SP2. Their chrome is excellent. My friend has the full show & go carbon fiber canister system on his 1995 ZX9R since new. It still looks and performs like new. Maybe check D&D out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts