RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Hmmmmm, someone getting an itch for a busa?
I've yet to ride one, but it's on my list of must ride bikes.

·
Administrator
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have one, I just need to find out how to "makes two hundred and fifteen horsepower plus"....like this one.:eek: You ever find your way down in my neck of the woods I'll let you take it out.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I'm probably going to LA for Thanksgiving, as it gets closer, I'll definitely give you a heads up. I'm going to have my bike in my truck, weather permitting.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Friend of mine has a 2011 busa, its stretched 8" and lowered with a sticky back tire, geared one down in the front. ive ridden it a few times, and holy crap its fast. was crusing down the street going about 45-50 in second gear low in the revs, opened it up, it spun the back wheel instantly and before I knew it I was going about 130. id kill myself if I had one of those haha. soooooo fast. its cool to ride every once and awhile but I couldn't daily one.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
I had an '05 Busa, and really couldn't find fault with the engine.
Mine was stock except for the Akrapovic full system, and dyno'd at 160 HP at rear wheel.

But most pleasing was the torque and fuel injection.
Suzuki has their FI nailed. Only had one hickup with the FI and it was my fault (well the idiot in front of me actually).

At 3000 RPM it had 80 ft/lbs of torque which grew to 94 ft/lbs at 4500 PRM and maintained all the way to redline.

Because of the torque, it was a breeze to ride. You could put it in 6th gear and putt at any speed above 40 MPH.

At 80 MPH it got 45 MPG and 41 MPG at 90 MPH.
At the opposite end of the spectrum, at 140 MPH, the engine is now into the power band and is ready to rock.

As for the HP claim, all that takes is an overbore and some cams.
Yoshimura did it for the X1 Busa endurance racer, which put out 196 HP at the rear wheel.

It's too bad that Suzuki didn't go the way of the Yoshimura X1.
I think even more Busas would have been sold.
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/europes-only-yoshimura-x1-sells-at-auction/21629.html

·
Registered
897 Posts
Rode my dads busa a little bit, it was an amazing machine. Super smooth, and ridiculous fast!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How bout the ZX14?

I considered one before settling on the RC.

I couldn't get myself to like the older ones, though, and the newer ones ('12-'13 ZX14R) cost too damn much. Bad to the bone, though.

Excellent bike, same motor that's in the Connie....:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
I rode my brothers 99 Busa. I was never a fan of them but after about 2 years of him having it I jump on it one day. He had spent about 4 grand in motor work ( don't ask what because it don't know) it was ridiculously fast I remember laughing and screaming while accelerating on this thing. After about the three time riding it I got up the nervous to see what it could do, after reaching 185 mph and this thing and it was pulling like I was at 75 mph it was enough for me.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I bet that skull and crossbones on the windscreen will net you at least 50 horse!

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I bet that skull and crossbones on the windscreen will net you at least 50 horse!
Its pro-rated for a 'busa, its more like 65:rolleyes::D

I like the orange and black....but I never see myself owning one.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
I always liked the first gens, and the second gens don't look too bad either. I remember riding a first gen when I was 19 and holy hell it was fun. Especially considering most of my experience was on a 250 at that time.

I'd love to have one some day, but they tend to wind up getting ruined by morons.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
The beauty of riding a 'Busa is the mega-wide torque spread.
From 3000 RPM to redline, mine had anywhere from 80 ft/lbs to 94 ft/lbs of torque.

Often when riding with buddies on certain sections of road, I could put into 5th and just leave it.
On tight turns, it was a little boggy below 3000 RPM, but once it got to 3K, it was happy and pull like a freight train to over 120 MPH.

She's a heavy one, and you have to muscle her around tight turns, but that engine makes it an easy bike to ride.
I was getting almost 155 miles on a tank at 85 MPH before the low fuel light came on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts